This was not pieced by me. I spent 7 hours at a sew in for my quilt guild. We were quilting charity quilts that had previously been pieced.
I chose a loopy meander for the squares and did a continuous figure 8 in the borders. i am happy with how it turned out and i am definitely getting more confident.
The binding gave me fits however. I dont know if it is the machine i was using or what but i could not get away from the birdsnests! I worked on it for hours with help from many other people. In the end, a friend finished the binding and I went to help clean the kitchen after dinner. So i still got to serve and i was able to avoid throwing the machine out the window. Win win.